Not eating meat doesn’t mean that you can’t still get in a significant amount of protein every day.
Give these recipes a try and feel the difference in your body when you fuel it with high quality protein!
- Lentil and Vegetable Stir-Fry:
- Ingredients: Red lentils, mixed vegetables (broccoli, bell peppers, carrots), tofu, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil.
- Instructions: Cook red lentils according to package instructions. In a separate pan, heat sesame oil and sauté minced garlic and grated ginger. Add chopped vegetables and tofu, and stir-fry until cooked. Add cooked lentils and soy sauce, and stir well. Serve hot.
- Chickpea and Spinach Curry:
- Ingredients: Chickpeas, spinach, onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coconut milk.
- Instructions: Sauté chopped onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger in a pan. Add diced tomatoes and spices (curry powder, turmeric, cumin) and cook for a few minutes. Add chickpeas and coconut milk, and simmer until flavors blend. Stir in fresh spinach and cook until wilted. Serve with rice or naan bread.
- Quinoa and Black Bean Salad:
- Ingredients: Quinoa, black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil.
- Instructions: Cook quinoa according to package instructions. In a bowl, combine cooked quinoa, drained black beans, corn kernels, halved cherry tomatoes, diced red onion, chopped bell peppers, and fresh cilantro. Dress with lime juice and olive oil. Toss well and refrigerate before serving.
- Tofu and Vegetable Stir-Fry:
- Ingredients: Tofu, mixed vegetables (such as broccoli, snap peas, bell peppers), soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil.
- Instructions: Press and drain tofu, then cut it into cubes. In a pan, heat sesame oil and sauté minced garlic and grated ginger. Add tofu and stir-fry until golden. Add the mixed vegetables and soy sauce, and cook until vegetables are tender-crisp. Serve with rice or noodles.
- Quinoa and Chickpea Buddha Bowl:
- Ingredients: Quinoa, chickpeas, roasted vegetables (such as sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and carrots), avocado, spinach, tahini dressing.
- Instructions: Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Assemble bowls with cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables, drained chickpeas, sliced avocado, fresh spinach, and drizzle with tahini dressing. Toss lightly before eating.
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas:
- Ingredients: Black beans, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, enchilada sauce, whole wheat tortillas, cheese (optional).
- Instructions: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Sauté diced sweet potatoes, bell peppers, onion, and minced garlic until tender. Add black beans and cook for a few more minutes. Fill whole wheat tortillas with the mixture, roll, and place in a baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese (optional). Bake for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Spinach and Mushroom Omelette:
- Ingredients: Eggs, spinach, mushrooms, onion, garlic, cheese (optional), olive oil.
- Instructions: In a pan, sauté diced onions and minced garlic until softened. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until tender. Add fresh spinach and cook until wilted. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and pour over the vegetable mixture. Cook until the omelette is set. Sprinkle with cheese (optional) and fold in half.
- Lentil and Vegetable Soup:
- Ingredients: Lentils, mixed vegetables (such as carrots, celery, zucchini), vegetable broth, onion, garlic, spices (such as cumin, paprika, turmeric), fresh herbs (such as parsley or cilantro).
- Instructions: In a large pot, sauté diced onions and minced garlic until fragrant. Add chopped vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Add lentils, vegetable broth, and spices. Simmer until lentils are tender and flavors meld together. Garnish with fresh herbs before serving.
- Greek Yogurt Parfait:
- Ingredients: Greek yogurt, mixed berries (such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries), granola, honey.
- Instructions: Layer Greek yogurt, mixed berries, and granola in a glass or bowl. Drizzle with honey for added sweetness. Repeat the layers and top with additional berries and granola.
- Chickpea and Vegetable Stir-Fry:
- Ingredients: Chickpeas, mixed vegetables (such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil.
- Instructions: In a pan, heat sesame oil and sauté minced garlic and grated ginger until fragrant. Add mixed vegetables and cook until tender-crisp. Add drained chickpeas and soy sauce, and stir-fry until heated through. Serve with rice or noodles.
Enjoy these protein-packed vegetarian recipes!
The certified nutrition coaches at Xtra Mile have helped people with all kinds of eating habits achieve amazing results and improve their quality of life. Schedule a No Sweat Intro today and let us help you!