This month marks 10 years that I have been a member at Xtra Mile Fitness and I cannot imagine where my life (and health) would be without them! They are my extended family and have helped me grow so much over the years!
In the last 10 years I have:
– realized my potential to be strong
– learned I can do hard things (which applies to my everyday life)
– made friends that I would have never crossed paths with otherwise
– figured out that I’m not a failure if I scale a workout and/or come in last
– been encouraged and challenged in numerous ways
– picked up some great habits (daily walking and proper nutrition)
– found a healthy hobby that makes me proud
– felt empowered and accomplished
– participated in in-house competitions and the Open that have been outside my comfort zone
– got to do strongman things like flip tires and pick up stones
– figured out that middle school isn’t the last time I’d climb a rope
– learned that age is just a number
– kept my weight at a reasonable number
– not been scared to try new things
– succeeded in skills like pull-ups and handstand push-ups
– learned Olympic weight lifting movements
– been a good example to my kids, family, and friends
Seriously, this list could just go on and on!! My life is so much BETTER because of Xtra Mile and I’m so thankful for my community there!!
Here are a few photos from when I first started and over the years!
If you’re looking for a gym where you can learn, grow, and be encouraged…this is your place!!!
Post courtesy of @buildinghealthandstrength on Instagram