The Certified Nutrition coaches at Xtra Mile are big fans of creating easy to make snacks that you can take with you on trips to help you stay on track no matter what life throws at you. Here are 10 of our favorite snacks!
- Nuts and seeds: Pack a small portion of almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds. They provide healthy fats, protein, and essential nutrients.
- Fresh fruit: Apples, bananas, grapes, and berries are portable and packed with vitamins, fiber, and natural sugars for a quick energy boost.
- Veggie sticks: Carrot sticks, celery, and bell pepper strips are crunchy and refreshing. Pair them with hummus or Greek yogurt dip for added protein.
- Homemade granola bars: Make your own granola bars with oats, nuts, dried fruits, and a bit of honey or nut butter. They are a great source of fiber and energy.
- Greek yogurt: Opt for single-serve containers or portable pouches of Greek yogurt. It’s high in protein and calcium and can be paired with fruits or granola.
- Rice cakes or whole grain crackers: These provide a satisfying crunch and can be topped with nut butter, avocado, or low-fat cheese for a balanced snack.
- Hard-boiled eggs: Pre-peel a few eggs and store them in a container for a convenient protein-rich snack option.
- Trail mix: Create your own mix using a combination of dried fruits, nuts, and seeds. It’s a versatile snack that provides a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats.
- Energy bars: Look for bars made with natural ingredients, such as nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and whole grains, without added sugars or artificial additives.
- Dark chocolate: Choose a high-quality dark chocolate with a cocoa content of 70% or higher. It’s a satisfying treat that provides antioxidants and a small amount of caffeine.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to snacks and easy to grab meal options, but we understand that planning and preparing can be difficult. Schedule a Nutrition Consultation today and let us take the stress out of planning for you!